The bell has rung for 2020’s New School Year – it looks different, feels different, and no doubt will present us with an opportunity to practice our flexibility, patience, and self-determination. In this period of change, please don’t neglect your physical and mental health! That said, we think now is a wonderful time to offer up some easy-to-implement tips for students, teachers and parents to stay happy and healthy this September.
• Swap coffee for lemon water and cold pressed juices. We’re not saying quit cold turkey, but give your body a break once in a while. Cold-pressed juices contain all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals from the fruits & veggies that will provide you with long-lasting, organic energy. Tip: we’ll do the hard work for you! Order and keep a week’s worth of juice in your fridge at home or at work, and bring them back to swap them out for fresh juice each week.
• Don’t skip breakfast! A little juice or broth can go a long way. Even if you’re not a breakfast person, sip some juice and carry a banana with you just in case. If you’re in a rush, grabbing a fresh bottle of juice is the best thing. Make sure to provide your
• Water. Try a spritz of lemon (and maybe a dash of cayenne?) to spice things up. Lemon water not only helps with your skin, energizes you, and detoxes your entire system…but it also doesn’t make drinking water feel like a chore. Lemon water a bit too bland? Level up with our OG Juice – Kale + Cucumber + Green Apple + Lemon + Ginger.
• Carry the right snacks: Almonds, kale chips, anything that increases serotonin levels. Try our dairy-free coconut milk-based yogurt topped with a few almonds! Of course, when you don’t have time to prep food or don’t have a snack on-hand, simply grab a Green Heart Juice or a Power Shot from your fridge and go!
• Don’t let stress stop you from staying hydrated and fed. I know there’s a lot on your plate, and at times it feels like there are not enough hours in a day, but your body needs nutrients to refuel. Always carry snacks, water, or juice with you, and make a 15-20 minute break during your study session to go for a walk and re-hydrate!
Let’s power our way through September!